Makes 4 large salads
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, chopped
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Fry the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels, and when cool enough to handle, crumble and set aside.
- Arrange a bed of lettuce on the serving plates. Arrange the eggs, bacon, chicken, avocados, tomatoes, and Roquefort cheese in straight rows on top of the lettuce, covering the surface completely.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil whisking constantly to form the dressing. Drizzle the dressing evenly over the salad, and serve immediately.