Makes 4 Portions Bruschetta with Grilled Figs and Balsamic Dressing
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 fresh Black Mission figs, cut in half lengthwise
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 thick slices Italian bread
- olive oil, as needed
- 8-oz semi-soft cheese such as burrata, mozzarella, goat, teleme, or even brie
Place the figs, skin-side-down, on a preheated charcoal or gas grill. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until the figs swell, and the juices begin to bubble up to the surface. Remove to a plate and reserve. Brush the bread lightly with olive oil, and grill lightly on both sides.
To serve: top each slice of grilled bread with cheese. Surround with grilled figs, and drizzle over the balsamic dressing. Top with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.