Makes 6 Portions of Corned Beef Hash
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked corned beef, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds white potatoes, peeled quartered
- 1/4 cup prepared roasted tomato salsa
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch green onions, white parts chopped, green parts reserved for garnish
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 6 poached eggs, optional
Continue to cook slowly over med-low heat. Every 10 minutes or so, turn the mixture over with a spatula to bring the crusty bottom, up to the top. Do this several times until the mixture is well crusted and browned. Taste for salt and pepper, and adjust if necessary.
Transfer to plates, and top with a warm poached egg. Garnish with sliced green onion tops if desired. Serve hot.