Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- Gorgonzola Sauce
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese or other blue cheese, crumbled (3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless beef steaks such as strip steak, tenderloin, or sirloin (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2. Season the steaks on both sides with the salt and pepper.
3. In a heavy large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or 5 to 6 minutes for medium.
4. Transfer the steaks to serving plates. Spoon the sauce over the steaks or serve on the side.