Ready in a flash, these easy to make muffins are great for breakfast, brunch or as a midday snack. Vary the flavor with walnuts or almonds. Here are a few other muffin recipes you may like:
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 large)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened, natural applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk or soymilk
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted and chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, banana, granulated and brown sugars, applesauce, and milk. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Stir in half of the nuts.
3. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the remaining nuts. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and tester comes out clean. Set the pan on the rack to cool for 3 minutes, then transfer the muffins to the rack and let cool completely.