Makes 6 Slices of Bacon Swiss Chard Frittata
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 strips bacon, sliced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, wash thoroughly, stems removed, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound russet potatoes, cooked, cut in chunks
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Add the garlic and pepper flakes; sauté for 1 minute. Add the potatoes, salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, and mix into the greens. Pour in the eggs, and cook stirring for about 5 minutes, or until the eggs begin to set.
Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and finish cooking the frittata under a preheated broiler, about 8 inches from the heat, for 4-5 minutes, or until the top is browned and the eggs are set. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving in wedges.