Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 slices of bacon, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a heavy bottom soup or saucepot, sauté the bacon in the butter on medium heat until the bacon is cooked, but not crisp. Add the flour and onion, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the potato, corn, milk, salt, black pepper, and stir well.
- Bring up to a gentle simmer, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and onions are tender. Ladle half the chowder into a blender and blend into a fine puree. Add back into the pot with the other half the un-blended mixture. Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.