Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Makes about 50
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2. Wrap dough in waxed paper or plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour, or until firm enough to handle.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet(s).
3. Shape heaping teaspoonfuls of the dough into balls (this could be a bit messy). Roll balls in confectioners' sugar. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet(s).
4. Bake for 15 minutes, until tops are puffed and cracked. Cool cookies on cookie sheet set on wire rack for 2 to 3 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely.