This blueberry crisp recipe is a delicious way to get these incredibly nutritious berries into your diet. Blueberries are on all the "super foods" lists due to their very high levels of anti-oxidants.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, washed, drained well
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 stick softened butter (4 tbsp)
- In a bowl combine the blueberries, granulated sugar, corn starch, and lemon juice, and mix to combine evenly. Pour into a lightly buttered baking dish.
- In the same bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, oats, salt, and butter. Stir with a fork until the mixture is crumbly and evenly blended. Spread the mixture over the berries and bake at 375 degrees F. for 40 minutes. Let cool to warm before serving.