Makes 4-6 Portions of High-Protein Tuna Noodle Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8 oz dry egg noodles
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans tuna (6-oz), well drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed, drained
- 4-oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Cook the noodles in salted water, one minute less than the directions call for. Drain well, and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the milk, mushroom soup, salt, and pepper, tuna, peas and 3/4 of the cheese. Mix with a spatula to combine.
Pour the mixture into a buttered 9 x 13 casserole dish, and top with the rest of the cheese. Mix the breadcrumbs and melted butter until combined and spread evenly over the casserole. Bake for 35 minutes, until bubbling and browned.