This sandwich is truly one of life's simple pleasures. While this will not be an inexpensive sandwich to assemble, once you taste the amazing contrast between the warm, buttery bun and the cold, sweet lobster salad, you'll realize it was worth every penny!
Makes 4 rolls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cups cold lobster meat from freshly steamed lobsters (approx. 2 large lobsters, 1 3/4 lb each), cut into large chunks
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 4 large hot dog buns
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, tarragon, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Add the lobster meat and carefully fold in with a spatula. Do not mash the lobster. You want nice, defined chunks.
- Butter the inside of the hot dog buns, and toast under a broiler, or in a skillet, until golden. Fill with the lobster salad and serve immediately.