Makes 6 Servings of Easy Beefy Shepherd's Pie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cup beef broth or stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrot, corn), thawed and drained well
- 1 1/2 lb gold or red potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, halved
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Add the potatoes and garlic into a saucepan, cover with cold water, and add a large pinch of salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Drain very well, and add back to the saucepan. Add the milk and sour cream; mash the potatoes until smooth and lump-free. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
Cover the meat mixture with the mashed potatoes, and spread evenly with a fork. Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F. oven for 25 minutes, or until golden. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Note: If a browned top is desired, broil on high for 2-3 minutes after baking.