This simple scalloped potatoes and ham recipe is perfect for using up that leftover ham. This can be served as a side dish, or paired with a salad as a main course. Scalloped potatoes and ham also make a great brunch item, as they are wonderful served with any style of eggs.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 12 oz sliced ham
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- low-fat milk, as needed (about 3 cups)
- 3 tbsp butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 9 x 13 baking dish with 1 tbsp of the butter. Place 1/3 of the sliced potatoes in the dish and season with freshly ground black pepper. The sliced ham may be salty enough to season the potatoes, but season with salt as desired. Evenly layer half the ham over the potatoes.
- Add another layer of potatoes, pepper, salt and the rest of the ham. Top with the last 1/3 of the potatoes, and pour over the milk to just cover the potatoes. Dot the top evenly with the remaining butter. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown. Cover with foil if the top gets browned before the potatoes are done to finish cooking.