Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- salt to taste
- Combine the rice, water and butter in a pot with a tight fitting lid.
- Bring up to a boil, uncovered.
- Turn the heat down to low and cover.
- Simmer for about 1 hour, or until the rice is tender, but still slightly firm, and pleasantly chewy. All the water should be absorbed. It's a good idea to check after 45 minutes for doneness, and to see if more water needs to be added.
- Fluff up the grains with a fork and add salt to taste.