Make 1 Summer Vegetable Pizza Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 14 to 24 oz prepared pizza dough (depending on desire for thin or thicker crust) or 1 large ready-to-bake pizza crust
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (or frozen, thawed)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced thin (recommend "Poblano" if available)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Italian Parmesan
Very lightly oil a round 16-inch pizza pan, or square 18 x 13-inch baking sheet, and dust generously with cornmeal. Stretch or roll pizza dough out to cover pan.
In a small bowl mix tomato sauce, garlic, olive oil, and oregano. Spread evenly over the dough. Top with corn, peppers, and tomatoes. Season vegetables with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
Top with basil, then mozzarella, then Parmesan. Bake for about 20 minutes at or until the top is golden, and bubbly - and the crust is browned and cooked underneath. Let cool before slicing.