Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- For the brine:
- 1 quart cold water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For the mustard crust:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoons melted butter
Remove the pork from the brine, and pat dry with paper towels. Rub with the oil, season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place fatter side down, in a small roasting pan. Roast in a preheated 450 degrees F. oven for 15 minutes. While it roasts, mix the brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl. In a separate small bowl mix the breadcrumbs with the melted butter.
Remove, and turn down the oven to 325 degrees F. Turn the pork over, so the fatter side is up, and spread on enough of the mustard mixture to generously coat the top. Sprinkle over the buttered breadcrumbs.
Return to the oven and roast for another 45-60 minutes, or until the internal temp reaches 155 degrees F. Let rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.