The secret to Southern-Style Deviled Eggs is a kiss of sweetness from pickled relish and a dusting of paprika over the eggs. If you have any bacon lurking in the fridge, it can't hurt to add a few tablespoons of crumbled bacon to the deviled egg mixture.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Paprika, for garnish
1. Cut each hard-boiled egg in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop the yolks out of each hard-boiled eggs into a small bowl.
2. In the small bowl with the egg yolks, add mayo, mustard, relish, chopped scallions, salt and pepper. Stir together until combined.
3. Fill the yolk mixture into the egg halves, garnish with a paprika and serve at room temperature.