Almost any lettuce will work for this pear salad. Depending on your tastes you could use anything from a spicy arugula or watercress, to a mild butter lettuce. The same goes for the pears; Bosc, Bartlett, Anjou, or Comice would all be great choices.
Makes 4 Pear Salads
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 handfuls salad greens, washed and dried
- 2 pears, washed, cored and sliced into eighths
- 1 cup roasted walnut halves
- 1/2 cup dried currants or raisins
- 2 oz Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Divide lettuce onto 4 chilled plates and top with sliced pears and currants. Crumble the cheese evenly over the 4 salads, and top with walnut halves.
- In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, rice vinegar, and olive oil. Whisk together and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Drizzle half over the salads and serve the rest on the side.