By the way, don't worry about roasting and shelling these yourself. All the high-end grocery stores now sell these roasted and ready to use.
Makes 1 1/2 Cups of Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds shelled, roasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cups olive oil
- salt to taste
- Combine the pumpkin seeds, Parmesan, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse on and off, for about 20 seconds, until the seeds are almost ground. Add basil, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil, and pulse on and off for about 40 seconds (you may want to scrap down the sides with a spatula in between pulses), until all the ingredients are combined. The mixture should be more like a course paste than a liquefied sauce, so be careful not to over-process.
- Transfer to a bowl, taste, and adjust the seasoning with salt. Be sure to taste, as the pumpkin seeds may have been well salted when they were roasted. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to two days.