This garlic and herb sautéed bell pepper recipe can be used as an appetizer, as part of an antipasto platter, or a colorful side dish. The bell pepper strips cook up quickly, and are at their sweet and savory best paired with the garlic and herbs. This sautéed pepper recipe is a great way to enjoy this nutritious summer vegetable.
Make 8 Serving of Garlic and Herb Sautéed Bell Pepper Strips
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 16 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, cut into half-inch strips
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, cut into half-inch strips
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- toasted Italian bread to garnish, optional
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the pepper strips, and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until the peppers begin to soften. Turn down the heat to low, and add the garlic, salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes more. Turn off the heat and add the vinegar and herbs. Toss to combine. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature. Toss again, adjust seasoning and serve with toasted bread if desired.